Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas on Ornamental Grass Companions

Posted by cnm7 7a Albuquerque (My Page) on
Sat, May 29, 10 at 23:33

I will be planting ornamental grasses at the front of a large garden "room" on both sides of a wrought iron garden arch my son gave me for Mother's Day. This area is highly visible from the patio, backlit by the setting sun, awesome place to watch the grasses sway in the breeze, etc... Am thinking of dwarf fountain grass, with some taller grasses behind it... Wanting ideas on companion shrubs or tall perennials (2-3' tall) to place with the grasses, whether behind, in front of or mingled with the grasses- am open to different ideas. The purpose is to have something with a bit of height/structure in that area for the time period after the grasses are cut back in late winter... so the garden arch has some structure around it and won't look like it's "standing out there "in the middle of nowhere until the grasses put on their new growth. Appreciate your thoughts and ideas on this- thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas on Ornamental Grass Companions

High Country Gardens is located in Santa Fe and has gorgeous plants for your part of the world. You'll find everything you need there.

o
RE: Ideas on Ornamental Grass Companions

They are having a sale right now too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here