Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerluvr

Miscanthus s. 'Morning Light' drought tolerant?

flowerluvr
16 years ago

Gotta love an impulse buy :) All the pictures I've seen of this grass on the forums convinced me I just GOTTA have one. So, now I do. The spot I'd like to put it in is a southern exposure, and can be somewhat dry in the summer. Will 'Morning Light' do okay in those conditions? I can water, of course, if need be-but I'm not the most faithful about it, so I try hard not to position things where their life will depend on my dragging a hose to it.

Also, what do you have planted with your ML?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Brenda

PS...I would have posted this last night, but got all sidetracked looking at the pics you guys have posted-GORGEOUS!!

Comments (4)

• donn_
    16 years ago

'Morning Light' isn't particularly drought tolerant. Even when established, it needs to be watered to root depth once a week. When it's becoming established, twice a week, or even more in dry weather would be required.

• flowerluvr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, donn-I planted it in better soil much closer to the hose ;)
    Brenda

• blackie57
    16 years ago

Donn et el.,

The only watering my Morning Light gets is from Mother Nature and you have seen how that has thrived. your's may need the water because of the soil you have it planted in. If I remember you are near the coast and the soil may be more sandy than mine here in upstate NY.

Blackie

• donn_
    16 years ago

Hey Blackie! Where've you been? I figured that 'Morning Light' swallowed you up when you came out onto the porch one evening. ;>)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists