Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miscanthus s. 'Morning Light' drought tolerant?

Posted by flowerluvr Z5 IN (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 07 at 9:57

Gotta love an impulse buy :) All the pictures I've seen of this grass on the forums convinced me I just GOTTA have one. So, now I do. The spot I'd like to put it in is a southern exposure, and can be somewhat dry in the summer. Will 'Morning Light' do okay in those conditions? I can water, of course, if need be-but I'm not the most faithful about it, so I try hard not to position things where their life will depend on my dragging a hose to it.
Also, what do you have planted with your ML?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Brenda
PS...I would have posted this last night, but got all sidetracked looking at the pics you guys have posted-GORGEOUS!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miscanthus s. 'Morning Light' drought tolerant?

• Posted by donn_ 7a, GSB, LI, NY (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 29, 07 at 10:18

'Morning Light' isn't particularly drought tolerant. Even when established, it needs to be watered to root depth once a week. When it's becoming established, twice a week, or even more in dry weather would be required.

o

Thanks, donn-I planted it in better soil much closer to the hose ;)
Brenda

o

Donn et el.,

The only watering my Morning Light gets is from Mother Nature and you have seen how that has thrived. your's may need the water because of the soil you have it planted in. If I remember you are near the coast and the soil may be more sandy than mine here in upstate NY.

Blackie

o

• Posted by donn_ 7a, GSB, LI, NY (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 3, 07 at 18:14

Hey Blackie! Where've you been? I figured that 'Morning Light' swallowed you up when you came out onto the porch one evening. ;>)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here