Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lady_d_gw

Unwanted Grass

Lady_D
18 years ago

How do I get rid of *ordinary* lawn grass/weeds growing in my ornamental grass? Help!!

Comments (8)

• blackie57
    18 years ago

Pulling them might be the only way. what kind of OG do you have ?

• jake
    18 years ago

Once you get lawn or turf grass inside your OG grass it becomes a real nightmare. Having had this problem in the past I did as B57 suggested and tried to pull out what I could of the "ordinary" grass.

I finally dug up the OG and split it thus making it easier to get the "ordinary" grass out of the OG grass. This method also gave me more OG grass plants in which we planted, traded and sold to others.

Jake

• Lady_D
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Blackie I have Morning Light and many others. MorningLight is where my problem is.

• blackie57
    18 years ago

I have two morning lights (which i need to divide next year... god how I'm dreading that) which are both in a confined bed so i have never had "regular" grass growing in them. I think Jake is right on about dividing the grass and getting rid of the undesireables that way. By the way, Morning light is definately my favorite. It was the first OG I got )something about a first love I guess... ;)), and is about 3+ feet in diameter now and the foliage last year before it set its plumes was over 5 feet. It was spectacular, but is outgrowing its space, therefore I'll divide it and share the wealth. My thought is to invite those who want some to help me dig it up and give them the splits for free...

• donn_
    18 years ago

"My thought is to invite those who want some to help me dig it up and give them the splits for free..."

WooHoo! What a great deal. If I was close enough, I'd do all the work for a free split.

• blackie57
    18 years ago

hmm how far away from Syracuse are you Donn ?? I'm about an hour south... on Rt. 17... your call ;) !!

• donn_
    18 years ago

I'm 218 miles from Binghamton. That's 4+ hours, each way. Too far.

• blackie57
    18 years ago

Damn shame !!! I NEVER refuse free labor !!! ;)

Sponsored
More Discussions