Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasranger10

MinnBlueA Schizachyrium scoparium

TexasRanger10
9 years ago

I purchased 'Blue Heaven' from Santa Rosa Gardens a couple years ago. Its a nice upright form with very good fall color. The leaves are on the green side compared to 'The Blues'. The other day I ran across MinnBlueA PP17310 on line showing trials of grasses. (pic below)

My question is: Is the the one sold by the name 'Blue Heaven' by Santa Rosa Gardens the same grass or not? They do not use the patent # or MinnBlueA in the description.

My 'Blue Heaven' are planted in an area with morning sun exposure only. I have moved several seedlings to full sun so maybe that will affect the summer color and it will look more line the photos. I'm hoping they come true from seed.

The seedlings I've grown from 'The Blues' are now mature and look exactly like the parent plants. Except for the outstanding blue color, I'm not completely enthralled with it however as its top heavy and bushy so it doesn't have what I think of as the classic stiffly upright exclamation marks in my prairie landscape (full sun). On the other hand, 'Blue Heaven' has this even in partial exposure so I decided to switch them out.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions