Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donn_

SRG Strikes Again!

donn_
12 years ago

50% 0ff all remaining grasses!!!

Coupon code is 50GRASS..good until June 30.

NOTE: Some of the $1.99 grasses from the clearance sale have been raised to $2.99, but at half off, it's still a better deal.

I just ordered 80 more grasses.

I don't have enough grasses.

ARRGH!!

Comments (15)

• williamsh
    12 years ago

how many different grass do you have?

• donn_
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi William.

I had around 150 different varieties at the end of last year, which was the last time I updated my spreadsheet. I'm sure the total headcount is over 1,000 by now, but that spreadsheet is even further out of date.

• williamsh
    12 years ago

WOW! what a sight that must be

• donn_
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I just unpacked 5 boxes of grasses from SRG:

20x Carex elata 'Aurea' Bowles Golden
    20x Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Piglet'
    20x Miscanthus sinensis 'Stardust'
    20x Miscanthus sinensis 'Super Stripe'

I haven't taken off their mesh stockings yet, because I wanted to get them watered first, but from what I could see, they are outstanding plants.

Great job, SRG!

• williamsh
    12 years ago

can you post some pics of your grass beds? must be amazing

• donn_
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Most of my beds are in a serious state of flux right now. I've been digging and dividing grasses, and getting ready to build and install 8 new raised nursery beds. They'll be 4'x8'x12" with full drip irrigation. It should be a huge improvement over my old soaker-hose-rigged nursery beds.

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Does SRG have another sale in the fall?

They have a great catalog but we are in a record breaking heat/drought summer already.

• donn_
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't recall one in recent years. The summer clearance was the last one I noticed.

• greenkpr
    12 years ago

I recieved my 25 yesterday and they sure look nice.

And the $1.50 per grass makes them look even nicer.

This is my 2nd order with SRG and prior to this year I never thought of buying plants online. LOL

• cactusgarden
    12 years ago

Last Fall I bought a lot of grasses from SRG. Then, as soon as I put my order in, they put everything on sale. (!).. So I ordered more. So YES, they do have a Fall Sale and I am planning to take advantage of it.

We got a ground "wetting" yesterday. It evaporated immediately. I do hope you are not in that part of Texas being ravaged by fires. I think Oklahoma is next as the fire danger is very high. The winds had died down here but now they are back.

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Thanks donn and cactusgarden. I might wait until fall, it's a lot of work just keeping my existing plants going this year.

We have had a few fires in the San Antonio area, but not like the area west and north of us. We did get 1.5" of rain this week but are still way below average. Add that to an unusually cold winter and early arrival of triple digits and it's been a rough year for the garden.

• OKGirl80
    12 years ago

It's been a crazy year weather wise in this area. Record setting lows (-32), blizzards, and them we received 12" of rain Easter Sunday and had another 5" within a week, and now record highs and extreme drought. I pray for everyone affected by the droughts and fire. Being in agriculture, I know how devasting mother nature can be.

• SoTX
    12 years ago

Who is SRG? Google tells me nada. Thanks.

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Santa Rosa Gardens, I don't think there's much on sale right now.

There is another sale in the fall that I'm waiting for since it has been so hot and dry this summer.

Here is a link that might be useful: SRG

• SoTX
    12 years ago

rock_oak_deer:

Thanks! Yep, we need some real rain in a major way. My water bill is awful--and that's just trying to keep stuff alive.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions