Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cactusgarden_gw

Removing invasive grasses

cactusgarden
12 years ago

I am removing these two LUV Grass types. I am getting them everywhere all ready and I do not like them, they are messy looking. In the top photo is the Weeping LUV grass and in the second photo is the Elliots LUV grass. It is already in the trash and replaced with Little bluestem 'Blue Heaven'. Looks so much better!! The weeping one will be replaced with a single specimen of Muhyl Lindheimerri. I cannot imagine how many little plants I will be dealing with if I left well enough alone.

Advice: NO LUV GRASS. Unless you LUV weeding.

That little orange grass in the first picture is one of the seedlings I planted last fall of the 'Pheasant's Tails'. I just read a post that a guy wrote stating its an invasive seeder. Maybe so, it used to be listed with the stipas. The little cutie in the front corner is Blue Gramma. Love this grass! Non invasive. I have picked up enough Mexican Grass seed heads to stuff a small pillow. I love the grass so much, however, I am willing to pay the price.

Now if I could just get the neighbor to do something about that ugly "yard". Maybe I will start throwing stipa seeds over there after I spray all those tree saplings. An event which is coming up, I am armed and ready. Guy says he doesn't care, well that's obvious.

{{gwi:862123}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions