Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emj123_gw

MS Morning Light problems??

emj123
16 years ago

I have 4 MS Morning Lights planted side-by-side that have been in the ground for three years, all of which, until now, have done very well. I noticed recently that one on the end is not quite as full as the others, though the heights are fairly equal. I just noticed that this same one has some dead blades, so far about 3 or 4 blades, around the perimeter ("dead" meaning that they are completely light brown/dry and look as they should in the winter). Other than these few blades and not being quite as full as the others, I see no other apparent problems, bugs, floppiness, etc.

They all receive the same sun exposure (full sun), but the end one is next to a space that sees standing water with heavy rains because of a section of gutter that needs to be bent back. When it rains heavily, however, the water doesnÂt hit or accumulate at the base of the grass; rather, it hits a section of mulch about 6 inches out from the base. But, this has only occurred once this year, in May, and we have had nearly drought conditions since. After a prolonged period of very dry conditions, I started watering deeply about once per week and the other 3 continue to do very well. Should I be concerned? I have never seen brown/dry blades this time of the year.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions