Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Little Kitten' Ornamental Grass Transplanting Questions

Posted by greengardener07 6 - Eastern PA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 07 at 22:03

Hi All!

I recently transplanted (about a week ago to more precise) Dwarf Miscanthus "Little Kitten" from one yard (parents house) to another (my house). It stands about three or three and a half feet tall, and about two feet wide. The foliage is a silver-green, a little more green than silver.

Over the past two days, that foliage has turned brown and more silver than green where it did not turn brown. I have generously watered over the past two days, as prior to that we had some seriously heavy downpours mixed in with our steady showers.

Is this a case of transplant shock? What are the chances of survival for it? I know it is slated for the mid to possibly upper 90's here for the next five or so days.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Little Kitten' Ornamental Grass Transplanting Questions

• Posted by donn_ 7a, GSB, LI, NY (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 1, 07 at 8:15

It's likely transplant shock. You moved it a bit late, and right in the middle of it's strongest growing season. Keep it well watered when rain doesn't take care of it, and it'll probably do just fine. It may not regain it's earlier look this year, but after next spring's haircut, it'll probably come back beautifully.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here