Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pampus grass problem

Posted by grannypossm Texas (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 25, 06 at 4:40

Howdy We live in Hot ole Texas. We treated and prepared over 4000 ft of ground for plants. Pampas grass and evergreens. We laid down mulch 3ins deep 5 ft wide on each side of driveway which is 2000 ft in length from main gate to main house on both sides. We planted pampus grass with evergreen shrubs inbetween every 4 ft ...the grass is growing like wild fire...once it takes root its gone...but we have a few that are big 5ft over and some smaller that are tilting or leaning. The roots are not showing...they been treated for ants and grasshoppers. But some are falling over or thou they seem to be...Anyone got any ideas why

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pampus grass problem

• Posted by donn_ 7a, GSB, LI, NY (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 28, 06 at 10:05

Do you have any tunneling critters around there? Take a close look at the crowns of the plants that are affected, and see if anything is making a home in their bases. I'm not talking about insects, rather ground squirrels, groundhogs, prairie dogs and such.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here