Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donn_

Vendor Review: Santa Rosa Gardens

donn_
16 years ago

I got my first order of grasses (Carex) from Santa Rosa Gardens, in Florida, yesterday afternoon. I placed the order on their website late last week, and they shipped, via UPS Ground, on Monday.

The order: (left to right in the photo)

7 Carex morrowii 'Ice Dance'

7 Carex elata 'Bowles Golden'

7 Carex muskingumensis 'Little Midge'

7 Carex oshimensis 'Evergold'

They're having a half-price sale on many grasses, including all these, and are delivering very well-rooted 4" pots.

Here's how they look:

{{gwi:869345}}

Each plant was packaged in a mesh sleeve, which holds the pot (holding in the soil) and extends most of the way up the foliage. Each plant is then rolled in several layers of padded packing paper, and laid on it's side in the carton, alternating pots at each end, so nothing can move.

I have never gotten plants by mail in such perfect condition. The only casualty was a single flower stem on the free bonus Miscanthus sinensis 'Graziella' they included in the shipment (in front in the photo).

The total for 20 perfect plants was $78.61, including freight, for a per plant price, delivered, of $2.71.

I'm very very pleased with Santa Rosa's product quality, attention to detail in packaging, and price. The bonus 'Graziella' didn't hurt, either.

Check them out!

Here is a link that might be useful: Santa Rosa Gardens

Comments (9)