Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jtmacc99

What should I do with these bargain grasses?!

jtmacc99
16 years ago

Well, as those of you who can't help but buy cheap plants when you see them will understand, I am now own a dozen grasses that I am not ready to put in their permanent home.

I was walking through Lowes when I came across the racks where they put the marked down plants. Normally around Labor Day, all I find there are annuals and more than half dead perenials. This time, however, were dozens of grasses. I waded my way through them and found myself 3 miscanthus adagio, 3 miscanthus gracillimus, and 6 that have the word miscanthus on a sticker on the pot but the words Little Bunny on the informational tag with the Lowes logo stuck in the dirt. As far as I know, one of them is wrong, and I think it's the tag and not the pot. (I base this on the fact that the grower put the miscanthus sticker on it, plus the plants are already a foot tall in the pot.) All of these grasses are in one gallon pots and were a $2.00 each.

So, my question is, should I just stick these in a bed in my vegetable garden, mulch them and let them be until the spring? If I don't do this, it will be at least another couple weeks until I can put them in what will be their permanent homes. If I do put them in the garden now, should I leave them in the pots, or would that be a bad idea.

Thanks!

John

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions