Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunkers_gw

Advise for my front yard

bunkers
16 years ago

Hi,

I live in Castle Rock, CO at an elevation of 6500'. As part of a drainage project in my front yard, I have an opportunity to get a wet area improved with a plan from the town and a developer-provided landscaper.

The plan includes a concrete 'trickle pan' to improve the drainage, but also includes a lot of landscaping to help improve the asthetics, as this is my front yard.

Currently, this area is all grass and is sometimes wet in the center.

Commonly used ornamental grasses sold around here are the karl forester and the large silver grass. I've also seen zebra grass, but its a lot less common. I also read that porcupine and forester grass did will with wet feet.

My soils are high in clay and generally are alkaline, or around ~ 7 ph.

*** Please reccomend some ornamental grasses that would work well in these area and would have good curb appeal.

*** Also, if you have advise on perennial choices, that would also be appreciated. Preferably lower maintenance.

It would be nice if its something my landscaper could obtain locally without too much trouble.

There would be the possbility that these grasses would need to be able to handle "wet feet" from time to time.

I am probably z4-5, technically 5, but we are always colder than Denver and set winter a couple weeks earlier and later than Denver or suburbs do.

{{gwi:182557}}

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions