Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Killing ivy with Garlon

Posted by edbo8 Central Ill. (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 12, 06 at 0:19

Not sure if this is the right section for this, please direct me to the proper area if this isn't the right one.
I am trying to kill off english ivy and read on another site to spray it with Garlon 3A or Garlon 4. Does anyone know where to buy this, and is it available to the everyday consumer ? Thanks for any help !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Killing ivy with Garlon

This is not a restricted use pesticide - you should be able to obtain at farm supply stores or similar facilities. Be sure to read and follow label directions explicitly and wear protective covering. It's noted that multiple treatments may be necessary to effect control. It can affect any plant material other than grasses so care should be given to direct application and control drift, but that's the case with any herbicide.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here