Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big wishlist for little groundcover!

Posted by stephanotis_1 8b AZ (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 08 at 0:20

I have read alot of the Q & A's regarding choosing groundcovers for between pavers, but my needs are a little bit different than the others, and I need some ideas. I have put cobblestone pavers down in a rose garden area with a little space between each paver, anywhere from 1/2" to 2", the area gets full (hot hot) sun until mid-afternoon, and does get walked on some. I wouldn't mind something that flowers, but it isn't necessary, and it needs to stay short without a ton of work. Also I would prefer that it doeasn't reseed rampantly.

I considered creeping thyme, but am not sure it can handle reflected Phoenix summer heat. I thought about Bermuda grass, but it turns yuck brown in winter. It's too hot for any mosses to survive. Any others that can withstand tough conditions like this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big wishlist for little groundcover!

Increasing sorts of S.African blooming succulents are coming on the market. Extremely drought tolerant and somewhat Winter hardy. The genus name Delosperma comes to mind, but I am only taking a guess. They are intolerant of foot traffic but could squeeze in a tight space.

o
RE: Big wishlist for little groundcover!

Check out the "Stepables"site. You can search by zone and conditions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here