Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ground cover suggestions

Posted by hermie3rd 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 8:48

Hi!

I need a ground cover for a kind of tricky spot. It is for a bed in my backyard, which is on the west side of my house, so it will pretty much get full sun for most of the day. It's also on a hill, and will receive some foot traffic from our dogs, which use a corner part of the bed to get to our porch (no matter how many times we've tried to train them to go around). I live in Michigan, so it would need to make it through our winters, and the only thing I really plan on keeping in the bed are the 5 lilac bushes that we planted a few years ago. Those have done incredibly well, so I'm hoping to find a ground cover that will be compatible and will showcase our lilac bushes. I'm open to flowering, evergreen, whatever. It's a pretty large area, so something that would spread pretty quickly would be nice.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ground cover suggestions

How about wood chips? Stands up to any amount of dogs, and lilacs don't like root competition anyhow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here