Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a groundcover for me?

Posted by shawneeks Kansas (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 07 at 16:09

Just built a new house and have a long berm to cover (150 feet). Mostly sun, but some shade (zone 6, eastern Kansas). Would prefer something that fills in fast or not to expensive up front. Would also prefer it be easy to maintain. I don't want much, do I? Did I mention the deer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a groundcover for me?

Hate to suggest it but...iceplant may be your answer IF u want nothing else to grow there. Don't buy it, get it from your neighbors, Just lay it down and it will grow with little to no planting and little to no water, it will grow. Be sure to choose the small leaf blanket type. With all the rain in CA, the larger type is sliding down the slopes. PA is touting crownvetch. Good luck

o
RE: Is there a groundcover for me?

Hi,
Do you really live in Shawnee, Kansas? I do. If you are still looking for a ground cover idea please e-mail me through gardenweb and I will invite you over to see what I have done for groundcover. My # is 913-268-9697, if you would rather call. I live close to the Shawnee Library.
TrowelGal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here