Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Groundcover suggestions for Cincinnati, OH

Posted by JohnnyWest none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 14:12

Let me say up front, I've spent most of my life behind a computer growing only tomato plants on my balcony in Denver. Last summer I bought a house in Cincinnati, Ohio. The house was nice, but the yard and landscaped flower/shrub beds were beautiful. Imagine my surprise when the snows lifted to find last year's thick layer of black hardwood mulch had nearly completely composted into the soil. Because the landscaped area covers 2200 square feet of my 1/3 acre lot, I've been pricing mulch and mulch alternatives. Is there anything I can put in this year that will last at least a few years? And, be good for the plants. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Or what about these groundcover plants I see on this forum? Thanks, Johnny

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here