Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hbwright_gw

Ideas for beside our walkway.

hbwright
18 years ago

My husband wants edging and I'm trying to cut down as much as possible so I thought I'd plant the area between our driveway and our walkway with a groundcover. It doesn't get much trafic but as you can see in the picture rarely does my husband park a tire on the area. He usually doesn't do this but it has happend and I'm sure to happen again. LOL. I like flowers and color doesn't matter, it gets hot afternoon sun, and watering doesn't really matter but it will get some water along with the other plants and grass when I water. It has good drainage despite the red clay.

There is some sedum of sorts in the stones in the walkway already. I am not a stepford gardner and I think the most unruley of gardens are beautiful but have to keep in mind the neighborhood HOA so nothing that won't completely take over the yard but I will have some edging (probably brick of some sorts) on the other side of the pathway so it shouldn't be too hard to control.

Please help me. I've done a search on stepables.com but they give me different ones each time and when I put in my exact conditions it gives me nothing. I'd rather have experience then a quiz.

Comments (2)

Sponsored