Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
varigated ivy question...

Posted by pbody 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 05 at 19:39

hi all!
i have a question in regards to ivy and/or varigated ivy.

i am wishing to plant ivy in a bed along our house that is 4' x 40'. my question is, is there an ivy that "doesn't" have little sucker feet that stick to walls??? it's okay if they climb, wrapping themselves around something i just don't want these guys making marks along our walls.

if there isn't:
would there be an easy way to "not" make them climb up the walls of our house???

thanks so much in advance for your time and relies!
happy gardening!!!
pbody

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: varigated ivy question...

All ivy has the 'clingfasts' that mark walls. The only way to keep it off the wall is constant vigilence!

o
re: varigated ivy question...red spots

HI there all.
I have a green with white edge varigated house plant ivy.

It's been really healthy until the other day i noticed the end of the leaves are turning pink. I am bummed b/c i trained this ivy to go around something and it looks like i am gonna lose it.

My first thought is like spider plant take out side and rince it down, but i havent a clue if it's as hardy.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?????? i tried doing an internet search and all i came up with is poison ivy (sigh).

ANyone has any information i'd be so greatly appreciated.

God Bless
Mrsdew

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here