Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What will win this battle?

Posted by xopher z5 MI (My Page) on
Tue, May 2, 06 at 11:34

Creeping Charlie or Viola Odorata? I don't know how either plant came to grow in the yard and I'm a newbie to groundcovers.

Both plants are trying to take over the yard. I personally like the Viola and don't mind the intrusion. I'm not going to bother trying to eradicate Creeping Charlie, because of the large size of the property, that would be futile.

The Viola has the edge because there is alot more of it and the battlefield is in a sunny location. However, the Creeping Charlie seems to be very tenacious.
Could this battle eventually end in a stalemate between these two, or will one smother the other and conquer the rest of the world? Please enlighten me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What will win this battle?

Even if the property is a great many acres it wouldn't take alot for you to help tip the scales, go on a walk and swing a machete as you go, or just take weed eater and do some damage to large patches of creeping charlie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here