Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another thyme question

Posted by zucchini 5a ONT (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 14:53

If the photo posts, it is part of our Thyme front garden...late last summer most of it turned brown and dried up...
There is a ton of grass growing and some time in between..I pulled out much of the grass and brushed off most of the pine needles...I have transplanted patches of the thyme with some from other parts of our garden...We have very sandy soil and some earth has been added...I watered when transplanting..and pressed the patches down. Now it is pouring out. so my big question is: Does Thyme need much water? It is so beautiful when it covers the entire lawn with little hills of growth..
Is there a way to remove the garss without hurting the thyme??
thanks for any info as I don't want to loose my front lawn on Thyme....Martha/zucchini

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another thyme question

Well no one is responding...I know the photo is fuzzy..but ..
the problem isn't.

I transplanted some more last week. It is growing in lots of areas around my house...I lifted some up (dug but the roots are not deep)..lifted up like a big sheet..from a sandy area. I moved it over to where the rest of it is dying. I loosened the Earth watered both the thyme and the ground..and placed with some pressure and lots of water. Three days later it is just not wanting to survive.....wish I could know better as to how to transplant this, as it is so beautiful..
:Martha/Zucchini

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here