Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lake_gardener

I need some groundcover suggestions please!

lake_gardener
15 years ago

Wow! Where to begin? I need some suggestions for a fast spreading, low groundcover for my infrequently traversed backyard. I live on a second tier lot overlooking the lake and a few houses. My backyard is a steep, rocky, clay and below my property is an access road (paved) for the homes below me. They get to look at a wall of dirt and I'm sure they would prefer to look at something more pleasant. I was thinking something that would creep down the sides but would not crawl across the road once it reached it. I am in the process of clearing a lot of brush that will leave this space bare,except for the smaller weeds and roots. Perhaps something that can choke these out? I am also looking for something that will help with the erosion onto that road below me. The expense of a retaining wall would be much too great as it is approximately 15,000 sq.ft. This would probably need to be seed since there is so much area to cover. The area gets sun most of the day and would be difficult to keep watered. I would like something evergreen and if it had some color that would be nice. I hope someone can help me and I thank you in advance.

Comments (5)

Sponsored