Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elseniorfruita

I need help with my yard

elseniorfruita
16 years ago

I live in Palm Harbor, FL and have been renovating my house for some time. Now that I am near completion on the inside, its time to start working on the outside. The previous owner did not live in the structure and just rented it out so he tried to use a low maintenance ground cover of rocks in the front and mulch in the back. He put a black weed barrier down (it looks like a black garbage bag) that is below both the rocks in the front and mulch in the back. I would like to have some type of living ground cover for at least the back yard but considering the fact that I know little about gardening, I thought I would post some pictures. I would like to do something that is not too expensive and as easy as possible (i have a ton of projects left to do on this house) but hearty and good for these type of conditions. Maybe some type of weed that looks/feels like a grass (I say that because weeds have no problems growing here). I live on a lake if that makes a difference. I have included pics below so you can see what I'm dealing with. Any help would be much appreciated.

Front

{{gwi:853084}}

{{gwi:853086}}

Back

{{gwi:853087}}

{{gwi:853089}}

{{gwi:853091}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH