Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mangomoon_gw

Baby tears and paver patio question

mangomoon
13 years ago

About a year ago, I decided to make a small patio area on one side of my yard. I opted not to have weed cloth or plastic put under the pavers, both to save money and because weeds can push through them anyway. On one opposite side, I have beautiful baby tears growing. My handy-man told me that it would take about a year for the baby tears to begin to grow in between the pavers. In the mean time, grass grows in between the Winter months that looks absolutely beautiful, then it turns to heavy weeds that grow outwards against the pavers instead of upwards. I have been using a weed trimmer to get rid of the grass and weeds leaving greenery in between. I have now noticed that the baby tears have started to grow in between. Knowing that the ground cover eliminates weeds from popping up, and sooner than later I will have just dead foxtails to remove leaving room for the baby tears to spread, so how will that change my weekly maintenance of weed whacking as I don't want to whack the growth of the baby tears?

When the baby tears finally fill in and likely spread over the pavers, what type of maintenance is done so they do not entirely cover the pavers? Will the weed whacker not be the right tool at that point?

Here is a photo to give you a better idea.

As you can see, there is new growth of BT but there are still crab grass weeds that are growing.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus