Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
voicelit

So New To This

voicelit
17 years ago

Here we live, my wife and I, Maddie the year old herding dog , and Buffy the much older parakeet. Our first house, Yorktown area Westchester County Ny.

Big back yard, about a third acre of lawn. Maddie's play area, electric fence.

There's a big square ( 15' X 15' ) of basicly sand. Only thing level in the yard. We're on a hillside. I'm told there was an aboveground pool there years ago. Sand held the bottom. There were grasses and weeds growing on it when we first got here late last summer. Apparently the last owners had put some top soil on it and tried to garden - with little luck.

When I turned the soil over a week or so ago, I brought up all the sand. Have been digging some sand out and replacing with soil from around the area.

Any idea for a ground cover that likes somewhat sandy soil , perennial , but blooms most of the season ?

Want to keep the bloom height low so that Maddie the dog can still run across it and catch her frisbee.

Hard to find a plant with all those attributes. Maybe I need to understand how to plant a basicly low green groundcover then some other plants that bloom low at different times thoughout the season ?

Would really appreciate any help.

Marty

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area