Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christophernftl

Turf Grass replacement needed!

christophernftl
14 years ago

Hello to you all. I recently moved into a rental house here in Fort Lauderdale which I plan to stay in for quite awhile. The landlord is really into landscaping and put a ton of money turning the backyard into a tropical paradise, but the previous tenant moved in and allowed her dogs to literally tear every plant out and destroy the lawn. In the interest of the environment and ease of maintenance I am thinking of replacing the sad St. Augustine/weed/dirt patchwork with a nice low groundcover. Even if I keep some of the grass, I need something to cover the new large flower beds and keep the voracious south Florida weeds under control until the plantings can take care of themselves. The yard gets full sun and has pretty good soil from what I can tell. I also have dogs (well behaved, non-diggers) so I need something that they can run and play on that won't hurt their paws. Oh and did I mention that I would like a fast-grower? It sounds like a lot of demands, but would rather take my time and find something perfect than waste time and money on mess that doesn't fit the bill. Any help and suggestions you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery