Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Creeping Phlox question

Posted by brookney Z6MA (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 05 at 13:34

Hello
I have some type of Phlox (pink) in the rocks of my stone wall and some on the top. It is very pretty as it hangs down. I would like this to spread all along the top of the wall as well. Can I do this with what is already ther (replant it)If so, how would I do this? or do I need to purchase more of this type of phlox?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Creeping Phlox question

:) it's fairly easy to break up the clumps, actually- it grows like hair, straight up until its own weight flops it over. you can either mulch the 'part' where the stems have turned woody (last year's growth and the shaded bits) or just find the crown under all that growth, lift it, and split it in to two or three clumps, then replant them a foot or so apart- each will fill in to be the size the master clump was next year.

I don't like to lift plants during the heat of the year- but this spring has been plenty mild for such things. doing it in july would be another story.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here