Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shrub clippings on newly planted dragon's blood ok ?

Posted by keving63 z7MD (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 05 at 19:37

I recently planted dragon's blood sedum under my otto luyken cherry laurels. Would it harm the sedum if I trim the shrubs and leave the clippings on top of them ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shrub clippings on newly planted dragon's blood ok ?

• Posted by dian57 M-H Valley NY-5 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 5, 05 at 6:00

In my experience, sedums withstand any kind of abuse.

I'm wondering what it would look like to have a bunch of shrub clippings laying on the ground. Instead, why don't you spread an old sheet under the laurels, prune away and when done, collect them and add to your compost pile. Your landscape will look neater.

o

it won't hurt them-but when it wilts, it will look like drek. the idea of trimming into a sheet is a great idea- I use a flannel-backed tablecloth from the dollar store, though !

o

• Posted by MFIX Buff NY-Z5 (My Page) on
    Thu, May 24, 12 at 9:52

I want to move some dragon's blood from one side of the garden, and plant it under a boxwood that I have shaped into miniature-tree form, do you think that it will grow properly? The "canopy" of the boxwood is roughly a foot or so off the ground. I think this would give it a cool Japanese or Asiatic feel. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here