Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buddyrose_gw

any NOT completely invasive?????

buddyrose
14 years ago

Is there such a thing as a ground cover that doesn't want to take over the world?

I have every ground cover known to man and then some: English Ivy, Ajuga, Variegated Goutweed, Creeping Phlox, Creeping Jenny, Wild Ginger, Dwarf Plumbago, Sweet Woodruff, Blue Geranium, Heuchera, Daylillies, Golden Creeping Charlie, Pachysandra, Vinca, Hostas, Ferns. ARRRRGHHHH. I'm suffocating in ground covers!!!!

I mostly hate the ivy which is so thick the roots are like steel to rip out. And the Varigated Goutweed that grows under and around my perenial shrubs right up against their trunks. Boy do I hate the look of this. And it's too tall for a ground cover even before those ugly flowers shoot up. UGH.

I love my Creeping jenny, so far, is sweet and lovely around my water garden. The Vinca hasn't gone crazy yet either. And the creeping phlox is gorgeous lavender in Spring and then the Heuchera and Daylillies are pretty.

What's a girl to do short of ripping out my own hair WHICH IS EASIER THAN RIPPING OUT SOME OF THESE GROUND COVERS!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?