Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jewels2970

Variegated Pachysandra and Black Scallop bugleweed ajuga ??

Jewels2970
9 years ago

Can anyone tell me if this will work or how they perceive it will look. I have a large shady area that gets weed infested rather quickly. there are 7 really tall Oak trees and popular trees in this spot. I love the bugleweed its very pretty, but I know it will be lost in the shade and needs some contrast to make it look even better. Will these plants look right together, pachysandra around the tress bases and the bugleweed in the big open spaces between? Also will one crowd out the other. I've read that the bugleweed can spread quite fast, but is easy to control with shallow roots that grow from above the ground to where the plants shoots touch the soil. The pachysandra is taller but less aggressive especially at first at least that's what I understand perhaps I am wrong. I have a lot of ground to cover so even if its fast I wont put them too close so it takes quite a while before I have to pay close attention to them being on top of each other. If this is not a good combination can someone suggest something else? I already bought some bugleweed and I am determined to use it as I love the look. Thanks for your help, here is a picture of under the trees, there's more that what you see in picture and forgive the mess, everything is under construction.

This post was edited by Jewels2970 on Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 23:54

Comments (2)

Sponsored