Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crown Vetch, anyone use this yet?

Posted by internetkat01 Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 25, 06 at 11:59

I have a hill that is 45 degrees and hard to mow. I am thinking of trying crown vetch. Has anyone used these seeds and had any luck. Good or bad responses greatly appreciated. I just need a rapid growing ground cover that will smother my grass perferably but I have yet to find anything successful. Now I am at the point of killing my grass and digging up and planting this seed but if I don't have to dig up my grass that would be wonderful. Thank you and have a great day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crown Vetch, anyone use this yet?

• Posted by nancyd 5/Rochester, NY (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 25, 06 at 8:35

I think this would do it. To some people this is a scourge, but for your purposes it will work. I used to grow a patch of this and it was as tough as nails. You should kill the existing grass first though. Any seed would have a hard time getting established through grass. English Ivy would be another alternative. It's pretty tough and grows quickly. I'd start with transplants though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here