Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help with weird idea

Posted by oneshotveth MA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 14:21

I want to make a miniature knot garden. I want it to be like 3 feet by 3 feet. I would like something that would grow a few inches tall relatively quickly that I could shape into a knot garden. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help with weird idea

The only thing I can think of is Iberis, which, if pruned severely after bloom, will stay small and tight.

o

It's not a weird idea at all, but with ground covers, I think you'd have to trim and tend it almost daily. They usually do those with herbs/tiny shrubs/annuals, more upright plants that don't escape their original boundaries in a short time.

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 9, 13 at 7:25

Different varieties of Sedums might work. What about Hen and Chicks?
Mike

o

Have you considered dwarf mondo grass (Ophiopogon japonicus 'Kyoto dwarf' or Ophiopogon japonicus 'Nana'. These plants resemble grass but have darker and wider leaf blades. They do spread so you may need to keep them in check.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here