Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Veronica liwanensis - not flowering

Posted by jdumas z6 MA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 05 at 18:03

I overplanted Turkish Veronica (V. liwanensis) last fall, along with daffodils, muscari, and iris reticulata, in a sunny spot in my front yard. Everything has been performing well, and the veronica is spreading slowly, but nicely. However, there is no evidence of flowers or flower buds. I was under the impression that there would be a carpet of blue flowers covering this plant in the summer. Am I being too impatient? Also, nearby there are several 'Sunny Blue Border' Veronica that have recently begun flowering. Are these two different veronicas on the same flowering 'schedule'?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Veronica liwanensis - not flowering

I think it may be taking the year to get established-

flower catalog claims are almost never entirely truthful- and especially if you divided a large clump, or got small plugs to begin with, it's entirely possible it just hasn't hit 'puberty' yet.

o
RE: Veronica liwanensis - not flowering

I planted mine as plugs last fall, they have spread beautifully and have flowered well, like a carpet of sky blue. Mine are in full sun in very well drained soil. They bloomed in late spring and now intermittantly here and there. Maybe yours just needs more time to settle in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here