Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwcoffey

steep sunny bank

dwcoffey
14 years ago

Hi Folks!

We have a fairly steep, full sun sloping bank that needs plants! We don't want to cover in grass because it will be a headache to mow and...grass is no fun when we can have things much nicer! The bank slopes down to the edge of our concrete driveway and runs alongside the full length of the driveway, its about 12 to 15ft wide and about 80ft long.

I've looked at Creeping Phlox and possibly wintercreeper, but I think mayb emore variety would be better. I'm guessing that the whole area planted in one plant will not be so nice. I've thought about doing something like maybe an ornamental grass at the top of the slope, then maybe Plumbago and then Creeping Phlox....working from the top of the slope down to the driveway. But that also sounds too predictable and too plain.....so.....I'm looking for ideas....we'd like to have something that is pretty to look at for as much of the year as possible, preferably evergreen, and definitely good at erosion control since this area washes off right over the driveway and down toward the garage. Thanks for your ideas!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored