Return to the Groundcovers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elfin Thyme

Posted by shellb39 3-4 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 10:59

I'm looking to find out about planting Elfin Thyme for use between patio stones. Does anyone know where to find these seeds? I assume I will have to plant in the spring or can I sow them now for growth next spring? I am not interested in Wooly Thyme.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elfin Thyme

If you want that particular strain, you may need to find it at a gardening center, since it may not come true from seed. I have bought seeds from Thyme Garden and they carry mixed creeping thyme, very low creeping thyme, and one they call 'Magic Carpet', also around 1/2" tall.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thyme Garden

o
RE: Elfin Thyme

Try this search. (Unfortunately you'll find any page that contains both words.)
http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&client=google-coop-np&cof=FORID%3A13%3BAH%3Aleft%3BCX%3AVegetable%2520varieties%2520for%2520gardeners%3BL%3Ahttp%3A//www.google.com/coop/intl/en/images/custom_search_sm.gif%3BLH%3A65%3BLP%3A1%3BVLC%3A%23551a8b%3BGFNT%3A%23666666%3BDIV%3A%23cccccc%3B&adkw=AELymgXKKcoj8ExjLwA_2QQUrTOC56hT5csg6nztOXomwH8QqjOuDih_7udDMbvIgLtF5VsgbKHSInqxR4nHxAwQ_0whzhEXXL9uATYXLPKd8h_o-a-yOzkd46y21DaRePcq3852tVK6X7nnQOMrOZPm4Cm5kLSxSQ&boostcse=0&q=elfin+thyme&btnG=Search&cx=003472780514561857771%3A_eyckfdgfmi

It's a special Google search for seeds which I copied from a message board and saved as a Firefox bookmark. I don't know if the seed search is generally available from Google, but you can always do what I do: save this search, then when you want to use it, delete the current keywords and enter a new search. Can't live without it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Groundcovers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here