Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susantm08

Privacy hedge option for MA. near road

susantm08
9 years ago

I have about 100 foot area in front of my home right on the street. I would like to "set" the house and provide a bit of privacy feeling from the road and the neighbor across the street. I have a colonial home and am considering planting hedges (or plants to form a hedge) that could be about 3-4 feet high to provide a feel of privacy. I am ok with plants that would grow higher than this but would maintain them about 3-4 feet. I am considering privet (small leaf), Japanese holly, azalea (shorter varietal), and euonymous. I can go either way with the deciduous factor, but it might be nice to have something that was there in the winter, but not vital to my choice. The plantings would be very close to the street and therefore, subject to salt from the snow plow as I live in Massachusetts. I really like the look of Japanese holly and boxwood- I know boxwood would certainly not take the salt and it is so slow growing (nice green color and stays in the winter), but again want to make a good choice as I will have to invest quite a bit to get the plantings and have them planted with a dug bed. Any help/other suggestions is much appreciated. Susan

Comments (3)

Sponsored