Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cateyanne

spreading wintergreen or teaberry?

cateyanne
17 years ago

I have a couple of places I wanted to esablish some grouncovers, something I have never handled before so have no experience. I came across an interesting one at the garden center that I had never seen anywhere else. The large sign above said teaberry, but the stake in the pots says spreading wintergreen. It sounds wonderful with waxy white flowers in summer turning into edible red berries and then the leaves turn rusty red in winter. Does antone have any experience with this grouncover? Normally I woyuld buy for a specific location but this one was so intriging I had to have it! I am not sure which location it will do best in. One spot is almost completely shade and spends a good time damp because of this. The other would be under a birch tree and will eventually get shade but not alot until the girch is bigger and not at all when the birch doesn't have leaves. Also what do they mean by edible berries, is that human consumption? Are they used for baking or just eating plain? And do the leaves stay all winter or do they eventually fall? Alot of questins I know just hoping someone has this and knows the whole scoop! Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored