Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nightcited

Wooly Thyme

nightcited
14 years ago

I had the loveliest growth of wooly thyme in between and in some case over a concerete paver patio under an arbor. Last year, I had painstakenly divided plants that I bought and planted and this year, the growth was phenomenal and doing exactly what I wanted: kept spash down from the nearby screened porch and thrived while being run across constantly by three rambunctious Scottish Terriers.

Unfortunately, this summer, finding myself in the throes of divorce, I had to get someone to do some mowing, trimming, etc. which was usually done while I was at work. We'd had lots of rain in October, and the thyme was looking a bit dead in the center, but I wasn't worried at all as I had seen this before and mentally made a note to trim it back a bit. However, I came home one day in late October to find that my dear yard helper had used a weedeater and totally devastated the thyme. He had no idea that I had planted and wanted that stuff growing between my pavers!

So here is my question: Will the wooly thyme come back? Am I going to have to buy new plants next spring and redo all my painstaking work? I am just sick, but tried very hard not to show it to the guy, who meant well and just thought the thyme was a nuisance.

Thanks for anyone's help on this.

Karen

Comments (2)