Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
naveenreddy_la

Dymondia Dying

naveenreddy_la
15 years ago

Hello,

A little over a week ago I purchased a bunch of Dymondia in flats. I had them out in sun for a few days but was sure to water them occasionally to keep them drying out. The primary purpose was to plant them between concrete pavers on my patio.

As I started to plant the Dymondia I noticed a white fuzzy mold forming on the soil. Unfortunately the area I am planting right now does not receive much sun, but from spring to early autumn is does. With this in mind I was sure not to over water, but to water enough to get the plants started. Now this mold has started to rot and kill a number of the Dymondia that I have planted as well a number of plants in the flats. Aside from putting the flats in the sun and using a fungicide on the Dymondia in ground, I am not sure what else I can do.

I have never this problem before with any other plants I have purchased in flats. Typically I regularly water the plants in the flats until they are ready to go in the ground. Clearly this is moisture issue as the mold seems to have established and moved quite rapidly. I am going to call the nursery tomorrow to see how to resolve this issue.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Was this foreseeable, or something endemic to the Dymondia that I purchased?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Naveen Reddy

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting