Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: sw michigan perennial swap and pot luck, 21 may 2005

Posted by GardenKiwi Z5 Michigan (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 31, 05 at 20:26

We are having our Spring Swap and Pot Luck on Saturday 21 May, 2005

Check out our posting at the Get-Together Forum for all the information.

Bring along a friend, your plants and a dish to pass and share in the fun. Hope to see you there.

Here is a link that might be useful: SW Michigan Plant Swap & Pot Luck

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SW Michigan Perennial Swap and Pot Luck, 21 may 2005

We could not have had better weather for the 2005 Spring Perennial Swap and Pot Luck that was held on 21 May in Byron Center Michigan. The sky was a brilliant blue and the temperature was in the mid 70s. People came from near and far, bearing lots of plants and great food to share.

Many thanks to Bev for hosting the swap - I know she put in a lot of hard work in the time previous to the date (I will have to come back and check out that well-scrubbed kitchen floor!) and was relieved to see that I wasnt going to be asked to do any weeding - she had that already done! It was a pleasure to relax in such a beautiful yard with all those lovely flowers and plants - a feast for the eyes for sure. Thanks also to those who brought along paper bags, knives, forks, spoons, napkins and paper plates and helped unload cars and carry plants. Your generosity of spirit was noticed and very much appreciated.

I was checking on some things and came up with the following:
Total Swappers = 25
Total People = 39
Total Plants = 686

A lot of people came quite a distance to help make the day a success - here are some of the approximate miles traveled:
South Bend IN = 112 miles
Manton MI = 121 miles
Columbiaville MI = 148 miles
Traverse City MI = 155 miles
Washington MI = 163 miles
Marine City MI = 196 miles
Belvidere IL = 259 miles
St. Paul IN = 317 miles

Three cheers to one and all and thanks for making the swap a success.

The Fall Swap & Pot Luck will be held in WAYLAND MI at the little park on 24 September 2005. Put the date on your calendar and join us.

Cheers - Kiwi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Illinois, New York, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here