Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kayak_boy

free trees to give away

kayak_boy
19 years ago

I have a bunch of 12" - 18" trees I can't keep because I don't have the room. I have (1) to as many as (3) of the following:

red, silver, and sugar maples

red cedar

red pine

american tamarack

crab apple - not sure the cv.

pin oak

red oak

blue spruce

honey locust

If I think of others I'll add them to the list. Please reply if you are interested. Otherwise I don't know what I'll do with the trees. I've posted this in the trees forum too, so please disregard it if you see it there. Thank you very much.

Joe

Comments (17)

• Irmgaard
    19 years ago

where do you live?

• eaglesight
    19 years ago

How would you transport them to someone who would take them? Would you expect the person to come get them or would you deliver? I live in Lima, Ohio and would love to get a crab apple, a red maple and a red cedar from you. We are just beginning to do bonsai and having free trees to start out with would do wonders for our budget! =) Also I have a brother at MU in Lansing. Where in MI are you located?

• kayak_boy
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I am in Saginaw, and the trees are on family property in metro Detroit. I would ship the trees to you eagle since you are down in Lima. It is a long drive otherwise. I would be digging the trees bare-root to make them easier to ship. For anyone close by who wants to come pick some of them up or meet me half-way, I could pot them up.
    I'll be digging up what I can this weekend, so get back with me soon if you are interested. Email me directly.
    Joe

• rmd4121
    19 years ago

I take it pick-up is first come first served. I'm located in NW suburban Chgo. Could you tell me how tall the spruces,cedars and pines are.
    Would need to rent a van...thanks Kayak!

• kayak_boy
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Rmd,
    The trees are small (12" or so). If you can, get back with me asap. Email me directly. Leave your mailing address, and I'll ship what I can. Driving would be too far for you. I'll be digging on Saturday, so let me know
    Joe

• flight
    19 years ago

I am interested in any crabapple. Do you want a trade (if so, what?) or postage? I would Like several if available - I make LOTS of jelly!
    Thanks!

• Mark Lange
    18 years ago

This is so nice of you! I live in Taylor, MI about 15 minutes out of Detroit. I would love to have a american tamarack, a blue spruce, and a red pine. (i'm not greedy, one would be fine too!) I'm disabled and can't travel far but would love to watch these trees grow in my yard. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do?
    Thanks so much,
    Bumleftleg / Mark

• margie9153
    18 years ago

do you still have any left i am in wayne and would drive over and dig some up

• eileen53
    18 years ago

KAYAK BOY; MY HUSBAND IS DISABLED AND UNABLE TO TRAVEL BUT HIS HOBBY IS TREES. IF YOU HAVE ANY TAMARAK AND OR CRABAPPLE TREES LEFT AND WOULD BE WILLING TO MAIL THEM TO ME I WILL REIMBURSE YOU THE POSTAGE, THEY CAN BE SHIPPED BAREROOT IF WRAPED IN NEWSPAPER AND PLASTIC. A COUPLE OF EACH WOULD MAKE MY HUSBAND ESTATIC. E-MAIL ME AT LCULP@SHAWNEELINK.NET AND LET ME KNOW.

• eileen53
    18 years ago

MY HUSBAND IS DISABLED UNABLE TO TRAVEL OR WALK VERY FAR. BUT HIS HOBBY IS TREES. I'M TRYING TO KEEP HIM ACTIVE AS HE IS ABLE. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANYONE WHO WOULD HELP ME WITH THIS ,WE LIVE IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS. OUR INCOME IS VERY LIMITED, BUT WE ARE WILLING TO PAY POSTAGE OR SHIPPING. WE HAVE 3 ACRES TO PLANT. HE LOVES NUT TREES, PERSSIMON, HEDGE APPLE, FRUIT TREES, TREES IN GENERAL. THANK YOU EILEEN53

• paulawatsonem3_bellsouth_net
    18 years ago

If you still have some treesp, I would send you a money order for the shipping. I just moved to a new location that has been dozed off and I miss my trees from my other home.

• margie9153
    18 years ago

hi hope all is good i am still intrested in trees i will come and pick them up
    tks

• seagle52
    17 years ago

Can you still get any of the american tamarack trees? I would like to recieve a couple.

• eileen53
    17 years ago

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OSAGE ORANGE OR HEDGE APPLE STARTS OR SEEDLINGS?

• Kamrose1_gmail_com
    16 years ago

Hello,
    Are there still free trees.I live in Colorado and am trying to do some fundraising and I had the idea that I would get trees(because you can always use more of them)hopefully forfree or for a very low price and then sell them maybe even selling my planting services to.Anyway if I were to get free trees I would be able to help the envirment and give the money I earn to a non-profit organization.I really hope youstill have free trees I have been looking everywhere.Thanks,bye.

• Stephaniegomez31_gmail_com
    13 years ago

I am interested in anything! Do you have anything left. I live on Sw Detroit.

• alex1990
    13 years ago

Does anyone realize that this was posted 6 years ago?

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus