Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicki_h_gw

WANTED: West Michigan Gardeners

Vicki_H
18 years ago

Hi,

I would love to meet any West Michigan gardeners Muskegon, Oceana, Newaygo, Ottawa. I'm near Muskegon.

Happy gardening,

Vicki

Comments (6)

• annelida
    18 years ago

Hi Vicki....

I'm up north of you, east of Frankfort, southwest of Traverse City, z5.

Annelida

• Vicki_H
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Annelida,
    Thanks for responding to my post. This forum isn't very busy. Thought for sure there were alot more gardeners on this side of the state. :) I know I pass by some beautiful gardens, when I'm out and about.
    Great lakes encompasses more than MI for sure, so where is everyone else from?
    I like to propagate plants and shrubs too. The leaves are just now falling, but the colors still are gorgeous. I love fall time, but hate to think gardening season is done.
    I'm thinking about planning a plant swap for the springtime, MagicKiwi does one and it's great, love going there, but thought maybe having one up this way, would get more 'northern/west MI gardeners'. Though of course everyone would be welcome. :)
    Meeting new friends is always nice too!
    Smiles, :)
    Vicki in West MI
    gw-Vicki_H

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

Hi Vicky,
    I grew up in Muskegon, living in Oceana co. now =)

A NW MI spring swap would be great! The nearest ones I have seen lately are around Kzoo, way too far to drive, even for plants, lol =) I usually don't have time to go much farther than Muskegon or Ludington.
    I know there are other west MI gardeners around... there is one named Cody-something (having a brain fart on her name!) and Annie (I think...) from the harvest forum.

Anyhoo, email me if you want to chat =)

Shannon aka Garden Witch

• ilite
    16 years ago

Hi ,, I am in Ironwood Mi,, snow country, almost right on Lake superior.Just moved up here about 3 yrs ago. Was thinking of selling or swapping some princess pine ( for something else). I have quite a bit on the prop and they are not easy to find. So cute to,, only grow about 6-7 inches and look just like a pine tree.

• kek19
    16 years ago

wow, this is an old post that got bumped! Hi! I'm in Kent City, 12 miles south of Newaygo, 12 miles North of Sparta!

• georgiapeachstill
    16 years ago

Wow, you're not kidding! Hi, I'm out in the coutry between Allegan, Holland, Fennville and South Haven!!!

Bonnie :0)

Here is a link that might be useful: my album- gardens

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals