Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: West Michigan Gardeners

Posted by Vicki_H z5 West MI (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 1, 05 at 1:13

Hi,
I would love to meet any West Michigan gardeners Muskegon, Oceana, Newaygo, Ottawa. I'm near Muskegon.
Happy gardening,
Vicki

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: West Michigan Gardeners

Hi Vicki....

I'm up north of you, east of Frankfort, southwest of Traverse City, z5.

Annelida

o

Hi Annelida,
Thanks for responding to my post. This forum isn't very busy. Thought for sure there were alot more gardeners on this side of the state. :) I know I pass by some beautiful gardens, when I'm out and about.
Great lakes encompasses more than MI for sure, so where is everyone else from?
I like to propagate plants and shrubs too. The leaves are just now falling, but the colors still are gorgeous. I love fall time, but hate to think gardening season is done.
I'm thinking about planning a plant swap for the springtime, MagicKiwi does one and it's great, love going there, but thought maybe having one up this way, would get more 'northern/west MI gardeners'. Though of course everyone would be welcome. :)
Meeting new friends is always nice too!
Smiles, :)
Vicki in West MI
gw-Vicki_H

o

Hi Vicky,
I grew up in Muskegon, living in Oceana co. now =)

A NW MI spring swap would be great! The nearest ones I have seen lately are around Kzoo, way too far to drive, even for plants, lol =) I usually don't have time to go much farther than Muskegon or Ludington.
I know there are other west MI gardeners around... there is one named Cody-something (having a brain fart on her name!) and Annie (I think...) from the harvest forum.

Anyhoo, email me if you want to chat =)

Shannon aka Garden Witch

o

• Posted by ilite Mi ( U.P) (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 19, 07 at 6:47

Hi ,, I am in Ironwood Mi,, snow country, almost right on Lake superior.Just moved up here about 3 yrs ago. Was thinking of selling or swapping some princess pine ( for something else). I have quite a bit on the prop and they are not easy to find. So cute to,, only grow about 6-7 inches and look just like a pine tree.

o

• Posted by kek19 5b-Michigan (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 15:18

wow, this is an old post that got bumped! Hi! I'm in Kent City, 12 miles south of Newaygo, 12 miles North of Sparta!

o

Wow, you're not kidding! Hi, I'm out in the coutry between Allegan, Holland, Fennville and South Haven!!!

Bonnie :0)

Here is a link that might be useful: my album- gardens

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Illinois, New York, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here