Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomanyanimals

Best place to find seeds in SE Michigan ????

toomanyanimals
19 years ago

I'm so sad now that Frank's Nursery is gone. It was the place I could find a few unusual seeds.

Anyone know of a place in the Detroit Metropolitan area (south or west) where I can find seeds that are just a little different?

Thanks,

tma

Comments (4)

• Aeolian_MI
    19 years ago

I know what you mean about Frank's:(
    I like the Downtown Home and Garden store in Ann Arbor. They have more vegetables than flowers.
    I've never gone as I have nothing to offer but there are seed/plant exchanges that occur in Detroit maybe one of the other members can offer more info on that.

• Janice5
    19 years ago

Dexter Mill carried Renee's Garden Seeds this year. Lots of interesting flowers and veggies. Her packages often contain 3 different varieties.

• chills71
    19 years ago

English Gardens sometimes has interesting things. I got a lot of unusual bulbs there this autumn (camassia, hair allium, species tulips).

I dont' know if I would get my plants there, as they tend to be a little pricey (and the staff a little full of themselves), but I definately check it out about 5-6 times a year.

~Chills

• teengardener86
    19 years ago

Bordine Nursery carries the most seeds I have ever seen anywhere period, and trust me, I have gone almost everywhere to look at and buy seeds since I was a kid. Unfortunately, they now keep some of their locations closed in winter. However, the Rochester Hills location is open year round. I am convinced, just like I said, that Bordine's is simply unbeatable for seeds, they have THE largest selection of seeds--many brands and varieties.

-tg86

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner