Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best place to find seeds in SE Michigan ????

Posted by toomanyanimals 6a/MI (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 4, 05 at 7:40

I'm so sad now that Frank's Nursery is gone. It was the place I could find a few unusual seeds.

Anyone know of a place in the Detroit Metropolitan area (south or west) where I can find seeds that are just a little different?

Thanks,
tma

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best place to find seeds in SE Michigan ????

I know what you mean about Frank's:(
I like the Downtown Home and Garden store in Ann Arbor. They have more vegetables than flowers.
I've never gone as I have nothing to offer but there are seed/plant exchanges that occur in Detroit maybe one of the other members can offer more info on that.

o

Dexter Mill carried Renee's Garden Seeds this year. Lots of interesting flowers and veggies. Her packages often contain 3 different varieties.

o

English Gardens sometimes has interesting things. I got a lot of unusual bulbs there this autumn (camassia, hair allium, species tulips).

I dont' know if I would get my plants there, as they tend to be a little pricey (and the staff a little full of themselves), but I definately check it out about 5-6 times a year.

~Chills

o

Bordine Nursery carries the most seeds I have ever seen anywhere period, and trust me, I have gone almost everywhere to look at and buy seeds since I was a kid. Unfortunately, they now keep some of their locations closed in winter. However, the Rochester Hills location is open year round. I am convinced, just like I said, that Bordine's is simply unbeatable for seeds, they have THE largest selection of seeds--many brands and varieties.

-tg86

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here