Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jroot_gw

The Stratford Garden Festival (Ontario)

jroot
18 years ago

The Stratford Garden Festival has opened its site for 2006. The garden show is from March 2nd - 5th. It is a nice garden show, this year prior to Canada Blooms.

http://www.stratfordgardenfestival.com/

Comments (5)

• wyndyacre
    18 years ago

I have gone to the Stratford Garden Festival for the last 3 years and have found it well worth attending. The display gardens are wonderful-there is so much creative talent in the Stratford area. It was also cheaper to attend than Canada Blooms, closer than Toronto (for me) and there is free parking and an interesting town to explore when you're done at the festival.
    I do enjoy Canada Blooms too but have found that it is a terribly long day if you're travelling from the Sarnia area like I am.

• acehearts
    18 years ago

I should try and attend this year, it's only about 35 mins up the road from me. Is it all floral displays, or is there some information on vegetable gardening?

Either way, I'm sure it would be an enjoyable day (providing I can keep the kids entertained! LOL!)

Cindy :)

• jroot
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I find there are a lot of florals there, but what I go for are the unique ideas for landscaping, and garden accoutrements. My mind is always working in overdrive after going there about all the ideas I could implement.

I recall seeing some nurseries and seed houses there with vegetable information. Just talking to fellow gardeners makes it all worthwhile. I frequently get involved in conversations with total strangers chatting about how they do this or do that. I thoroughly enjoy it. So do my sisters with whom I go. Now, my wife always comes along, but she is not quite as keen as we are. LOL. To each his/her own.

• wayner2000
    18 years ago

Hi John, I will be going for sure, I never miss it, hope to see you there...........Wayne

• jroot
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That would be cool, Wayne. I haven't heard from you in a long time.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida