Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonnie_ny

anyone been gardening during this warm weather?

bonnie_ny
18 years ago

Has anyone else been working in their yard during this weird January weather? I've been doing some garden cleanup that didn't get done in the fall. What great therapy for January in Central NY!! The temps have been in the 50's all week. I'm ready for spring, no more snow.

Comments (4)

• marcinont
    18 years ago

Hi bonnie
    ya I have been doing alittle outside catch up .I didn't get to protecting my roses so I was out in the sunshine the other day in a balmy 7 c putting cages around my roses and filling them with some soil/compost I made earlier in the year.Winter is probally not over and the cold winds and freezing temps. are just a day or two away.Oh well it's great while it lasts , just a reminder of what is to come.Man is this winter flying by.
    Happy gardening!!!
    marcinont.

• bonnie_ny
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I didn't get my roses covered either. We had a lot of snow in December and now that it's melted, I found some broken canes. Hopefully they will come back in the spring.

• pitimpinai
    18 years ago

I went out to rabbit proof my fence last weekend. It felt great to work in the garden in January. Weird, but I loved being out in the brisk air and sunshine.

• wildcitywoman
    18 years ago

Yep - if it's mild, I'm out there. Friday afternoon, mud all over me from working on a stubborn stump I'm trying to get out before the season starts.

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists