Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone been gardening during this warm weather?

Posted by bonnie_ny z5NY (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 13, 06 at 15:45

Has anyone else been working in their yard during this weird January weather? I've been doing some garden cleanup that didn't get done in the fall. What great therapy for January in Central NY!! The temps have been in the 50's all week. I'm ready for spring, no more snow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone been gardening during this warm weather?

Hi bonnie
ya I have been doing alittle outside catch up .I didn't get to protecting my roses so I was out in the sunshine the other day in a balmy 7 c putting cages around my roses and filling them with some soil/compost I made earlier in the year.Winter is probally not over and the cold winds and freezing temps. are just a day or two away.Oh well it's great while it lasts , just a reminder of what is to come.Man is this winter flying by.
Happy gardening!!!
marcinont.

o

I didn't get my roses covered either. We had a lot of snow in December and now that it's melted, I found some broken canes. Hopefully they will come back in the spring.

o

I went out to rabbit proof my fence last weekend. It felt great to work in the garden in January. Weird, but I loved being out in the brisk air and sunshine.

o

Yep - if it's mild, I'm out there. Friday afternoon, mud all over me from working on a stubborn stump I'm trying to get out before the season starts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here