Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keeb_gw

Bulb stockists in Ontario and growing indoors

keeb
16 years ago

I would like to grow some grape hyacinths, daffodils and snowdrop bulbs indoors just before spring. Would appreciate information on how to grow them and also names of mail order bulb companies in Ontario

Thank you

Comments (2)

• diggerb2
    16 years ago

i get lovely glossy photo from white fence farm for these-- but i see you are in ontario. shipping might be a problem.
    many of the seed sellers here in the US sell bulbs for this - and all potted up as well. start searching the web for your favorite suppliers.

You can do this yourself in the fall, and just buy the bulbs from a gardencenter. check out forcing bulbs at the bulbs forum

• seacat
    16 years ago

Keeb,

I couldn't find any mail order firms in Ontario, but you can go to the websites of Botanus (BC), Vesey's (east coast), Gardenimport (?), and there are a few others. As Digger indicates, US shippers can't ship to Canada.

I doubt you'll find much anywhere right now because most bulbs need to be planted in the fall, so start looking next summer, and most bulbs need some time in the cold to mature into a flower. The chilling period varies alittle depending on the type of bulb.

Seacat