Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodhors

Gurney's Gift Certificate on Catalog

goodhors
19 years ago

I just got my Gurney's catalog. It has a gift certificate worth $25 on the front. I had a great time looking thru, picking out the "maybes" for my yard. I think I will get another tree. Though the bushes are pretty assorted too. Lots of choices. Trying to not order too much is the problem!

I used the last year's Gurney gift to get a Dawn Redwood. It arrived, looked nice, and did very well all summer. I think it grew about 15 inches during the summer, now about 4ft tall. I like this redwood a lot, very pretty, feathery. I have it out along the back fence, behind the barn, so it has PLENTY of room to grow. I saw on older redwood in NY last year on vacation. SO attractive as an older tree. Very tall, lacy, extremely graceful, pretty red skin with grey bark.

Sapling got a nasty rabbit bite on the bottom of trunk in late Nov, so I caged it for winter. Darned rabbits were just snacking, not even snow on the ground then. Bit a couple new shrubs too. Now everything is caged with 3ft plastic fence, in case of deep snow. At least I saw the damage before ground was too frozen to get posts in the ground! Should not have any problem when sapling gets larger, rougher bark. It is still smooth, like skin.

Everyone should keep your eyes open for the catalog with certificate, don't just toss it. Spends like real money! Gurney's did deliver the gift certificate things ordered by everyone I know.

Comments (10)

• MustangBreeze
    19 years ago

I just got the catalog in the mail, too. I, also, received a $25 certificate on the front of the GardenAlive! catalog. GardensAlive's catalog indicates no minimum purchase!

Joy,

Breeze

• goodhors
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Well DARN. Last years certificate was no minimum purchase, so I just figured this was the same. I should have read the tiny print! Thanks for pointing out the minimum purchase, BEFORE I ordered something. I think I am on the Gardens Alive list. It would be nice to have a totally free certificate.

• teengardener86
    19 years ago

I just got my Gardens Alive! catalog today. The coupon on the front says if the order is less than 25$, it is free. However, I think you would still have to pay S&H. I got my Gurney's catalog yesterday, and the coupon on the front of that didn't say anything about orders -tg86

• Chris_MI
    19 years ago

interesting, my Gardens alive catalog, says "$20 worth of products when you buy $20 or more additionals products. use the form and take $20 off your total $40 order"- and "extra $5 off if the order is $50 by 2/9/05". I guess they have different catalogs out there.

• pitimpinai
    19 years ago

This is most interesting.

My Gardens alive catalog says "$25 worth of products when you buy $25 or more additionals products..... use the form and take $25 off your total $50 order or more". The offer is good until March 9, 2005.

My Gurney's says $25 savings when you buy $25 or more of additional products at the catalog price. The finer prints say Use the order form to deduct $25 OFF your order of $50 or more...good until Feb 16, 2005.

Same deal. Just a different wrapper. They are related anyway.

• teengardener86
    19 years ago

I guess I was lucky! Chris, I dug out last year's catalog (still had it) and it was different, saying what yours said.

-tg86

• goodhors
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Well it is nice that some of us are getting FREE stuff coupons! They probably were afraid I would use it again, not making anything off me.
    I just got my Wayside Garden catalog. Some really neat stuff new plants, reduced price coupons, plus a $10 bonus check to use. I don't buy much from them, so maybe others would get a better bonus. Better than nothing though!
    I love catalog season, kind of like fall leaves into the mailbox!! So much to look at. Mellingers is also having a sale, though it seems to be online. Going out of the mail order business. Too bad, they had some cool stuff.

• chills71
    19 years ago

I was going to use my $25 off coupon for Tayberries, I even emailed them last September to try and order them then, but they were sold out.

Now they're not even in the catalog and the coupon requires $50 purchase...

~Chills

• SBIT45
    19 years ago

HI DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY OPINION ON THE CATALOG FARMER SEED AND NURSERY? ONE PERSON SAID THEY WERE DISSAPOINTED IN THE PRODUCTS....ALSO KELLY NURSERIES? ANYONE VIST THIS CATALOG AS WELL? I HAVE BOUGHT FROM MICHIGAN BULB FOR YEARS AND IT JUST FEEL COMFORTABLE TO BUY FROM. I WANT TO ADVENTURE OUT OF THE BOX THOUGH...
    THANKS FOR THE LOOK SEE AND COMMENTS...

• Hapslappy
    18 years ago

Hi guys, I got the Gurney's certificate that says if the order is under 20 dollars, it's absolutely free....so I ordered some Lily bulbs & some winter hardy Glads for a total of 19.98! Sent them 6 dollars for shipping. I'm wondering what their strategy is by sending different offers to different people. Wierd. Don't expect much, that's for sure.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths