Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
compost_hugger_nancy

getting 'garden fever'

or whatever you call it!! I am looking through catalogs here at my brothers house (NC) and thinking about what I want to plant at my new location in MI. Awful to be in a southern state getting an itch to go to garden section and nurseries when there is no way I could plant things at home!!! I'm getting homesick! Wish my dad wasn't ill down here so I could go home and do some work on the inside of the house and start my garden plans.

Just had two decks put on and they are ready to landscape around soon as spring comes.

Comments (2)

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    19 years ago

I know how you feel! LOL! I'm looking at my gardening catalogs and get the yearning too. Actually I started getting it last Fall. When my plants were starting to die back, I would think of different ones to put in next year. I'll get a few new perennials and some different annuals. It makes Winter feel better when I can think about these things.
    I hope your dad gets better fast. Is he a gardener? If he is, you can both talk to each other about planting things in Spring. That would perk him up.

Kat

• compost_hugger_nancy
    Original Author
    19 years ago

He used to garden but can't at all now. He doesn't talk much either (unless you are trying to get him to use his oxygen or give up smoking!!) saying it takes up too much breath!!!

If I were sitting at home looking at snow it would be a little easier to plan & wait. Problem is I am in NC where there is no snow and weather is like a balmy spring break or warm fall. I am wearing shorts during the day and can't buy/trade for things to take home and plant. When I go home it will still be dead winter there. No plants will survive the transistion and cold of getting them home. (21 hour trip)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz